If the idea of making your own skin care sounds appealing to you, here’s a recipe for Oatmeal Yogurt Mask for you to try. It is chemical-free and delish!!
What to prepare:
1 tablespoon of finely ground oatmeal
1 tablespoon of plain yoghurt, avoid the flavored varieties.
a few drop of honey
- Mix yoghurt and oatmeal in a small bowl.
- Add a few drops of warm honey. The trick to warm the honey is to warm a spoon under hot water for minute, then add a few drop of honey to the spoon.
- You can experiment with the proportions of each ingredient to achieve the consistency you like.
- Apply the mask on your face and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with warm water, gently rub the mask on your face. The oatmeal will gently slough off dead cells to reveal a bright complexion underneath.
Oatmeal is hypoallergenic and an emollient that soothes and decreases itching in skin conditions like eczema, rashes, and hives. It also acts as a natural exfoliant that helps to decrease breakouts due to clogged pores.
It has all the wonderful nutrients and minerals that has mild astringent and bleaching effects. The high zinc content in it keeps your skin blemish-free and reduces the size of your pores. Yoghurt is also an excellent natural moisturizer because it adds enzymes and oils to the skin, making the skin soft and supple.
Use a natural or organic variety of plain yogurt. If you have oily skin, use non-fat yogurt.
Honey’s ability to absorb and retain moisture in your skin makes it a key to soft, supple and well-hydrated skin. The mild antimicrobial effect keeps away blemishes and spots. Honey also keeps wrinkles at bay because it protects the skin from the sun damage and neutralizes some of the effects of previous sun damage (thanks to its antioxidant effects).
The darker the honey, the stronger its antioxidant effects.